Merry Christmas everyone!
The year has come to an end and we hope and trust that all your dreams became reality.
Here at Velo Life our dreams were exceeded… and all thanks to you. A huge thank you to each and every customer and friend for helping us to achieve and exceed every goal we have set ourselves for this year.
Velo Life is 1 year old on 1 December 2013. Yes, we have been around in different forms for a number of years, but as a national, single unit 1 December = 1 year.
When we started Velo Life, the idea was to be able to offer our customers great service and great products and to share our passion for cycling whilst doing this. We never had a specific goal of opening so many shops, etc. These things just happened. One of our small goals was to have 1000 Facebook likes within the year. We achieved this goal early in November and if you are one of our Facebook friends you would have seen that one of you won a R2000 Velo Life voucher… just because you liked us.
Going into 2014 we will do our best to continue making cycling exciting for our customers and all our stakeholders and we have some exciting things in the making already.
2014 is also going to be a year where we are going to place a huge focus on developing female cycling and as a business most of our attention will be going this way. We have established a professional ladies cycling team and you will see the ladies in red and black all over your tv and at races around South Africa.
We are very fortunate to have these great brands supporting the ladies to be the best that they can be:
GU for energy, Futurelife for nutrition, Catlike for protection, Pearl Izumi for looking cool on the bike and MADO for looking cool off the bike. Go and have a look at these great products online.
So, without further ado, let me introduce the 2014 Velo Life ladies racing team to you:
- Lise Olivier (Team Captain), racing out of Gauteng
- Candice Neethling, racing out of the Western Cape
- Eszter Erdelyi, racing out of KZN
- Ashleigh Moffatt, racing out of KZN
- Annemie Kruger, racing out of Gauteng
- Sarah Chemaly, racing out of the Western Cape
- Bianca Haw, racing out of the Western Cape
- Frankie du Toit, racing out of the Western Cape
- Kim le Court, racing out of Mauritius
This team will be supported and assisted by another group of ladies that will join them on their journey through South Africa.
- Alexandra Mapstone – KZN
- Amy-Jane Mundy – KZN
- Kim Westbrook – KZN
- Carla van Huysteen – KZN
- Nicole van der Merwe – Western Cape
- Janine King – Gauteng
- Hazel Magill – Northwest
We have not turned our back on the boys though. Luke Roberts (KZN), Alan Hatherly (KZN) and Donovan Lubbe (Northwest) will drive the men’s presence with a big group of supporting riders all over South Africa.
Follow the Velo Life girls and guys on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/VeloLifeSA or our website www.velolife.co.za.
Price Thumping Christmas
Helping you to stretch your Rands this Christmas… Yes, we know the pressure is on to buy gifts for everyone and have something left to get through the month. So we thought we will help.
Here goes (this special is valid until 23 December 2013):
Helmets (selected models, colours and sizes)
2013 Catlike Tako. Normal price R675
for Christmas R375
2013 Catlike Kompact’O. Normal price R980
for Christmas R590
Bikes (selected models and sizes)
Bergamont Revox 5.3, Normal Price R8899
for Christmas R7800
Bergamont Revox 6.3, Normal Price R13848
for Christmas R11000
Bergamont Revox 8.3, Normal Price R17673
for Christmas R14100
Bergamont Threesome 7.3SL, Normal Price R24379
for Christmas R19500
Bergamont Threesome 9.3SL, Normal Price R34283
for Christmas R27500
Bergamont Contrail 5.3, Normal Price R15227
for Christmas R12000
Please note that this offer is only valid through a Velo Life shop close to you and is subject to stock availability.
Velo Life PMB news
Monday to Friday - 8h00 to 17h00
Saturday - 9h00 to 13h00
- With Burgwheeler club, Monday to Thursday @ 4h45 from Virgin Active in Victoria Rd. or,
- Tuesday and Fridays from Brewery on Main in Hilton at 5h30.
- Wednesday afternoon at 5h15 meeting at the Oval in Pietermaritzburg
- Wednesday afternoons at 15h30 from Brewery on Main (Old Crossways in Hilton), 1stWednesday of every month the ride moves to the Karkloof Country Club
- Saturday mornings at 6h30 from JAXX in the Quarry Centre, Hilton.
- Shane is not only a great shop manager, he is also a great out-door chef. Join us on 14 December at 14h00 our Hilton shop.
- We are planning an outride of approximately 2 hours, followed by
- A potjie ala Shane.
- We would love to have you joining us. Please confirm whether you can attend and how many people by sending an email to
so that we can plan accordingly. Velo Life will supply the food, please bring your own drinks.
- We are looking forward to spending a great afternoon with all our Velo Friends.
Mt Verde trails / renewal:
- The trail network in Mt Verde is growing. Your 2014 permit would need renewal soon. Please make sure you renew your permit at Velo Life Hilton before the end of the year. As you know, permits are limited and are issued on a 1st come basis.
- Mt Verde is private property, but the law still applies. NO HELMET NO RIDE!
Velo Life Hillcrest news
Monday to Friday - 8h30 to 17h00
Saturdays - 9h00 to 13h00
- Ska knows the Valley of Thousandlike the back of his hand and everyone in the Valley knows him. He has mapped a route that will introduce you to this unbelievable area in a way you have never imagined. Join us on 8 December 2014. Meeting at the Pot and Kettle top of Botha’s Hill. Meeting at 7am. Ride will be around 3 hours and everyone welcome.
- Please drop us a mail so that we know who expect and can plan the ride accordingly. Send your confirmation to
Client Appreciation evening:
- 13 December 2013 – YOU CAN WIN AN AMAZING PRIZE!!
- We will be doing a draw for a 4-night cruise for 2 people on the MSC Sinfonia. The Durban cruise departs 20 January and arrives back in Durban on 24 January, travelling to Mozambique (Maputo and Portuguese Island). You can win this trip, the best way to start 2014, by buying a ticket in support of Nedene Cahill’s defending of her World Championship jersey in Norway next year. Tickets are available at any Velo Life store in KZN.
- Maybe, this is the best Christmas present you have ever bought anyone.
- Come and join us in Hillcrest, Friday 13 December at 17h30, where we will not only draw your name J to go on a boat cruise, but where we will share with you what we have planned for 2014 as well.
Velo Life Somerset West news
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday - 08h30 to 17h30
Wednesday - 09h00 to 17h30
Saturday - 09h00 to 13h30
Wannabee Club outrides times for Saturday and Sunday mornings (from Lord Charles Hotel) will move to an earlier time slot as from the 12th of October. New start times will be at 06h00. For more info on the club please visit http://wannabteam.co.za/ .
Great News! The BasinMTB Club has regained permission to ride on Lourensford Farm over weekends. However, only paid members will be allowed to join in the fun and visitors will no longer be allowed to join members on these rides. For more info please contact Malan at the Somerset West shop.
Velo Life Pretoria news
Mon, Tues, Wed, Friday - 9h00 to 18h00
Thursdays - 9h00 to 19h00
Saturdays - 9h00 to 14h00
Let’s close off revisiting the biggest moment in SA Mountain Biking this year … this is worth a watch
Wishing you and your family a very blessed Christmas. Enjoy and we will chat again next year.
The VELO Life team